NOTICE OF SAFEGUARDING AND PROTECTION POLICY
The Church of England Parishes of Binstead and Havenstreet iare part of the Plurality of the Parishes of Binstead, Havenstreet and Wootton. It regards the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and good working practice as a priority. In the interests of the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people and vulnerable adults the Plurality has, in conjunction with Portsmouth Diocese Safeguarding Team, developed and operates a Safeguarding and Protection Policy for both children and vulnerable adults across all three parishes.
The Plurality is committed to ensuring that everyone working with children, young people and vulnerable adults:
- has undergone an Enhanced level DBS check
- Is adequately trained and supervised
- understands and follows the Parish Safeguarding Policy
As part of that commitment, a Plurality Safeguarding Lead has been appointed.
Plurality Safeguarding Lead: Paul Ferguson T:01983 638198
or in an emergency Ian Berry T: 07544 566850
All people involved in activities within the churches in the Parishes of Binstead and Havenstreet are aware of how to contact the Plurality Safeguarding Lead.
Furthermore, the Parishes of Binstead and Havenstreet undertake to
- exercise care in the appointment of those working with children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Parishes of Binstead and Havenstreet
- seek the advice of the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser in the event of any safeguarding concerns and,if appropriate, contact the statutory authorities
- work to the parish safeguarding handbook principles
- be committed to following statutory, denominational (if relevant) and specialist guidelines
- seek support for all those affected by abuse
- be committed to supporting and resourcing those who work with children and young people and provide regular supervision
- review both the child and vulnerable adults protection and safeguarding policies annually and amend accordingly